Republika ng Pilipinas Kagawaran ng Pagsasaka KAWANIHAN NG ESTADISTIKANG PANGSAKAHAN (Bureau of Agricultural Statistics) PRICE SITUATIONER of Selected Agricultural Commodities, for the month of June 2008 RICE: Prevailing prices of commercial rice were continuously moving upward in all trading centers. Higher increments in key cities of Mindanao were noted. • Price increments in Mindanao were at higher rates compared to those in Luzon and
• NFA rice at P25.00/kg was already being sold in the wet markets in some regions.
NFA rice with P18.25/kg price tag is still available in most wet markets.
MEAT & POULTRY: Prices of indicator products were generally the same as last month’s levels. Price movements were noted for the following:
• Prices of beef lean meat rose by P20.00/kg in Cabanatuan and Legaspi cities. Prices
of beef with bones, on the other hand, fell by P5.00/kg in Baguio City and by P10.00/kg in Cotabato City.
• Pork liempo was, likewise, cheaper by P5.00/kg in Cotabato City. • In Legaspi City, prices of pork lean meat and pork liempo were higher by P10.00/kg. • Prices of dressed chicken went up by P1.00/kg and P5.00/kg in Zamboanga and
Cabanatuan cities, respectively but in Iloilo City, price eased down by P1.00/kg.
• Chicken egg prices inched up by P0.10/pc in Tacloban City and by P0.20/pc in
FISH: Price movements for bangus and tilapia were generally upward while those of alumahan and galunggong were varied. • Prices of tilapia scaled up by P2.50/kg to P10.00/kg in seven (7) trading centers (San
Fernando, Tuguegarao, Cabanatuan, Naga, Iloilo, Cebu and Cagayan de Oro cities).
• Prices of alumahan decreased by P5.00/kg to P20.00/kg in Legaspi, San Fernando and
Cagayan de Oro cities. In the cities of Batangas and Zamboanga, prices increased by P5.00 and P12.50 per kilogram, respectively.
VEGETABLES: Prices of ampalaya, cabbage, carrots and habitchuelas were on the uptrend while those of eggplant and tomato showed a reverse trend. • Prices of habitchuelas went up in most trading centers. Higher price mark-ups were
recorded in San Fernando City, by P30.00/kg and in Batangas and Cotabato cities, by P25.00/kg.
• Prices of eggplant slid in ten (10) trading centers. Price cuts ranged from P2.00/kg
(Cotabato City) to P20.00/kg (Iloilo City).
FRUITS: • Prices of calamansi moved up in Luzon but eased down in Tacloban City and in some
cities in Mindanao. Increments were from P2.50/kg (San Fernando City) to P20.00/kg (Batangas City). Decrements, on the other hand, were from P2.50/kg (Davao City) to P10.00/kg (Butuan City).
• Prices of mango were higher by P2.50/kg to P20.00/kg in ten (10) trading centers.
Lower prices were noted, however, in Zamboanga and Cagayan de Oro cities by P2.50/kg and in Cotabato City by P15.00/kg.
OTHER BASIC COMMODITIES: • Cooking Oil – Prices escalated in majority of the trading centers. Price mark-ups
ranged from P1.00/kg (Naga City) to P8.00/kg (Cotabato City).
• Refined Sugar– Price increments of P1.00/kg to P4.00/kg in Baguio, Tacloban,
Cotabato and Naga cities. In Iloilo City, a price decrement of P2.00/kg was recorded.
• Brown Sugar – Prices were up by P0.50 to P2.00 per kilogram in Tuguegarao, Naga,
Tacloban, Cagayan de Oro, Davao and Cotabato cities. Prices were down by P1.00/kg and P2.00/kg in Butuan and Iloilo cities, respectively.
Comparative Prevailing Retail Prices of Selected Agricultural Commodities at Various Trading Centers for June 2008 (peso per kilogram) RICE FANCY RICE PREMIUM WELL MILLED RICE REGULAR MILLED RICE NFA RICE * Trading Center Difference Difference Difference Difference
* There are two (2) prices of NFA rice sold in the wet markets. The P18.25/kg and P25.00/kg tags differ in terms of quantity of head rice. The P18.25/kg NFA rice is gradually being replaced by the P25.00/kg type in some trading centers. This should not be interpreted as price increase. Comparative Prevailing Retail Prices of Selected Agricultural Commodities at Various Trading Centers for June 2008 (peso per kilogram) BEEF, LEAN MEAT BEEF, WITH BONES PORK, LEAN MEAT PORK, LIEMPO DRESSED CHICKEN Trading Center Difference Difference Difference Difference Difference CHICKEN EGG, MED. (per piece) ALUMAHAN GALUNGGONG Trading Center Difference Difference Difference Difference Difference Comparative Prevailing Retail Prices of Selected Agricultural Commodities at Various Trading Centers for June 2008 (peso per kilogram) AMPALAYA EGGPLANT HABITCHUELAS Trading Center Difference Difference Difference Difference Difference ONION, RED PECHAY, NATIVE WHITE POTATO Trading Center Difference Difference Difference Difference Difference Comparative Prevailing Retail Prices of Selected Agricultural Commodities at Various Trading Centers for June 2008 (peso per kilogram) BANANA, LAKATAN (per piece) BANANA, LATUNDAN (per piece) CALAMANSI MANGO, CARABAO Trading Center Difference Difference Difference Difference Difference COOKING OIL (in Long neck bottle) BROWN SUGAR REFINED SUGAR Trading Center Difference Difference Difference
The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel February 2010 Abbott Labs v. Sandoz: The Federal Circuit Provides Clarity On Product-By-Process Claims Robert J. Paradiso and Lisa K. Schroeder Supreme Court precedent, the treatmentof product-by-process claims throughoutthe years by the United States Patent and LOWENSTEIN SANDLER PC Trademark Office, and other bindingcourt decisions, t