The following students obtained their Master's degree after defending a thesis on :
• 1. Ameloot Paul: Effect of fluoride and lead on rat tooth germs in organ culture.
• 2. Berneman Zwi: Flow cytometric study of erythrocytes.
• 3. Carels Inez: Biological evaluation of polymer-bound metronidazole.
• 4. Distelmans Wim: Interaction of microtubule inhibitors and gamma-irradiation in murine
• 5. Geerts Hugo: Mobility analysis in cells using colloidal gold and video-photobleaching.
• 6. Rillaerts Eddy: Erythrocyte viscosity and insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
• 7. Schuit Frans: Cell specific somatostatin recognition by pancreatic A- and B-cells.
• 8. Van der Elst: Josiane Livermetastasis of colon carcinoma in cyclosporin A treated rats.
• 9. Van Riet Ivan: Use of monoclonal B-cell specific antibodies in the purification of
• 10. Van Schravendijk Chris: Interactions of insulin-like growth factors with pancreatic islet
• 11. De Deyn Peter: Benzodiazepine receptor antagonists on mouse neurons in cell culture.
• 12. Abdi Y Mohammed: High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of
pentoxifylline and its major metabolites in biological fluids.
• 13. Chatterjee Nirjhar: Neurotensin inhibits PRL secretion in purified single PRL cell
• 14. Cosaert Jan: Protein phosphorylation-dephosphorylation in the chromaffine cell
• 15. Herregodts Patrick: Study of the monoaminergic neurotransmitters in Alzheimer's
• 16. Manuel Y Keenoy M.B: Subcellular fractionation of parotid and islet cells for the study of
45Calcium uptake by endoplasmic reticulum vesicles.
• 17. Opsomer Yves: The study of a possible new fimbreal antigen from an enteropathogenic
bovine Escherichia Coli strain 111 KH 86: detection, purification and introduction to genetic cloning.
• 18. Verhoeven Didier: Infiltration and stroma in breast cancer.
• 19. Xie Zhong Wei: Leukocyte involvement in PAF-acether induced thrombosis.
• 20. Lacor Patrick: Study on peripheral blood B lymphocytes and hemopoietic stem cells in
• 21. Ling Zhidong: Development of culture conditions for long-term preservation of insulin-
• 22. Diltoer Marc: Differential sensitivity of short- and long-term potentiation to anesthetics
affecting human memory studied in rat hippocampal slices
• 23. Offner Fritz: TNF in the pathogenesis of septic shock.
• 24. Palermo Gianpiero: The role of assisted procreation in longstanding infertility due to
male factor or to the presence of anti-sperm antibodies.
• 25. Vercammen Martine: Islet cell and pituitary cell surface antibodies in insulin-dependent
• 26. Cortvrindt Rita: The influence of the V- and C-Fos gene on the proliferation and
differentiation of bone related cells in organ culture. A morphological approach.
• 27. De Vis Joanna: Immunophenotyping of leucocytes in clotted blood and bone marrow
• 28. Impens Nicole: Prostaglandins and asthma.
• 29. Jimoh A. Mariam: Immunomorphological analysis of human long-term bone marrow
• 30. Schots Rik: Study of antigen receptor gene rearrangements in lymphoproliferative
• 31. Van De Velde Hilde: An attempt to characterize the CD5 antigen.
• 32. Wisanto Arjoko: Recent applications of diagnostic ultrasound in assisted reproduction.
• 33. Deleu Dirk: The use of microdialysis for the continuous intravenous (intramuscular and
subcutaneous) monitoring of levodopa and 3-O-methyldopa.
• 34. Govaerts Paul: Aminoglycoside induced ototoxicity. Effect of isepamicin dosing scheme
• 35. Heimberg Harry: HLA-DQß genotyping in diabetes.
• 36. Philippé Jan: Pattern recognition applied to the biochemical diagnosis of sepsis.
• 37. Qin Yunfeng: Somatostatin analogue RC-160 inhibits the growth of implanted colon
• 38. Sermon Karen: ß-N-aceylhexosaminidase activity in mouse oocytes and preimplantation
• 39. Van Blerk Marjan: Evaluation of a biopsy technique on decompacted late mouse
• 40. Decaluwe Joris: Purification of the lysosomal enzyme, iduronate-2-sulfate sulfatase,
• 41. Demanet Christian: Bispecific monoclonal antibodies (anti-Id x anti-CD3) for treatment
of murine B cell lymphoma : in vitro characterization.
• 42. Eerdmans Pedro: The acute and chronic effects of alpha2-adrenergic agonists on
resistance sized arteries of spontaneously hypertensive rats.
• 43. Kazemzadeh Mitra: Dopamine effect on prolactin mRNA level in different prolactin-cell
populations separated on a discontinuous Percoll gradient.
• 44. Korbutt Gregory: Twenty-four hour hypothermic preservation of the rat pancreas prior
• 45. Maes Eddie: Waiting line theory in a health-care system.
• 46. Tan Weiping: Insulin autoantibodies in newly diagnosed insulin-dependent diabetic
• 47. Teng Hui: Pancreatic insulin content after islet cell transplantation in diabetic rats.
• 48. Van Liefde Isabelle: Regional distribution and subtypes of a2 adrenergic receptors in
• 49. Van Rossem Koen: Contribution to standardization of continuous sensing of oxygen
tension in rabbit brain cortical tissue during and after photochemically induced infarction.
• 50. Vermuyten Karen: Determination of neuron specific enolase concentrations in
cerebrospinal fluid from patients with neurological disorders by means of a sensitive enzyme immunoassay.
• 51. Matton: An Influence of opiates and stress on the prolactin secretion in male rats.
• 52. Nagy Peter: Complementation of HLA DQA and DQB genes confers susceptibility and
protection to insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
• 53. Ofori-Anyinam Opokua: Inhibition of the early stages in poliovirus replication by three
• 54. Van Der Biest Inge: Flow cytometric isolation and culture of human proximal tubular
• 55. Wang De-Yun: Fiberoptic examination of the nasal cavity and nasopharynx in children.
• 56. Wang Ya Qin: A study of the determination of Calcium antagonists in human plasma by
• 57. Yang Qing: Palladium matrix modification for the determination of trace elements in
biological materials and foodstuffs by means of graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry.
• 58. Zhang Fan: Islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP) in the human fetal pancreas: an
• 59. Amfo Kwasi Henry: Oncogenic mutations of the H-ras gene and chromosome 11P allelic
• 60. Brissinck Jan: Treatment of mice bearing BCL1 lymphoma with bispecific antibodies.
• 61. Liu Jiaen: Cryopreservation of biopsied eight-cell mouse embryos.
• 62. Luo Wei: Ly-1 (CD5), a membrane glycoprotein of mouse T lymphocytes and a subset
of B cells, is the natural ligand of the B cell surface protein Lyb-2 (CD72).
• 63. Schleusner Roland: The effects of superovulation by the association of a GnRH analogue
& HMG and by FSH on the follicular fluid of women undergoing In vitro fertilization.
• 64. Szücs Eva: Nasal resistance distribution in a healthy caucasian population.
• 65. Talukdar Md Mahiuddin: Evaluation of xanthan gum as a hydrophilic matrix for
controlled-release peroral dosage form preparations.
• 66. Van der Auwera Bart: Molecular and cytogenetic analysis of XX males.
• 67. Van Ganse Eric: The role of antihistamines H1 in adult asthma, review of the literature
and meta-analysis of the relevant clinical trials.
• 68. Yan Hong Qu: Interleukin 1 and Interleukin 6 production in rat brain after injury.
• 69. Boonkerd Suchitra: Preparations of Ipriflavone solid dosage forms with controlled
• 70. De Corte Veerle: Characterization of a motility-promoting factor isolated from a human
• 71. Mpanju Onesmo: The influence of lysosomotropic weak-bases on early events of
• 72. Tu Jian: Gradient isolation of rat pancreatic islets before purification of islet B-cells.
• 73. Wang Xiaoning: The use of curved calibration lines in Atomic Absorption Spectrometry
• 74. Abd-El-Sattar: Ahmed Selection of motile spermatozoa from oligo- and/or
astenozoospermic semen and enhancement of acrosome reaction in normal human sperm.
• 75. Delhase Mireille: Molecular cloning of the human cDNA for transcription factor PIT-
1/GHF-1. A new probe for pituitary adenomas analysis.
• 76. De Raeve Hendrik: Detection of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked antigens on the
surface membrane of blood cells as a diagnostic test for paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH).
• 77. De Vos Anick: Identification of cell-specific proteins in pancreatic ß-cells.
• 78. Hautekeete Marc: A study of the human fat-storing cell in normal and pathologic
conditions using toluidine blue staining and transmission electron microscopy.
• 79. Iqbal Mohammed: Immunophenotyping of leukemia and lymphoma cells with IGSS:
comparison with APAAP and flow cytometry.
• 80. Nkenmkeng Asong John: Biological variability of HIV-1 isolates from Africa and Europe.
• 81. Pansaerts Resi: The development of a serological test, based on a Haemophilus ducrey
• 82. Vergani Patricia: Expression of the transcription factor GHF-1/PIT-1 in pituitary
adenomas. Further identification of this transfactor in lymphoid tissues?
• 83. Zhang Tie Mei: Proinsulin biosynthesis by fetal pig islet cells.
• 84. Zheng Lei: Effects of PACAP 38 on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in cultured
• 85. Aboud Muhsin: Mechanisms of inherent resistance to adriamycin in human pancreatic
tumour cells: the role of adriamycin cellular pharmacokinetics and DNA damage.
• 86. Anak-Bodur Özlem: The activity of FAD-linked glycerophosphate dehydrogenase in
spleen lymphocytes of control and diabetic animals.
• 87. Cirunay J. Joyce: Evaluation of a new filler/binder for direct compression using factorial
• 88. Dzeka Tafadzwa Nancy: Metabolism of carbamazepine in rat brain using microdialysis
• 89. Janssenswillen Cecile: Coculture with vero cells of germinal-vesicle-stage and
• 90. Lu Wen-Gao: Immunocytochemical characterization of cells isolated from human
• 91. Malur Anagha: Expression of PRL, GH and Pit-1/GHF-1 in haemopoietic tissues.
• 92. Shen Shali: The dynamics of arteriolar vasomotor tone and blood cell-vessel wall
interaction: an in vivo microscopic investigation.
• 93. Suksomtip-Tanthai Maneewan: Ruggedness test of HPLC methods: Comparison of
Plackett-Burman designs and interpretation methods.
• 94. Wang Rennian: Pancreatic Beta-cells growth in normal and streptozotocin-treated
• 95. Grognard Nicolas: Comparison of the efficacy of Delmopinol, chlorhexidine and placebo
mouthwashes on gingival inflammation in patients with gingivitis.
• 96. Lammens Nicole: Human craniofacial typology and muscle fiber characteristics of M.
• 97. Moradi Sabzevar Mehran: Efficacy and safety in patients with gingivitis of a delmopinol
mouthwash. Effect on plaque formation in comparison with chlorhexidine and placebo mouthwashes.
• 98. Amrom Dina: Prospective study of diaphorase 4 activity in babies with perinatal
• 99. Dueñas Gustavo R.: Steady state mRNA levels of extracellular matrix proteins and of
TGF-ß1 in viral and alcoholic liver disease. Comparison with histopathological findings.
• 100. Levtchenko Elena: Investigation of proinsulin in isolated human ß cells and human
• 101. Niki Toshiro: The effect of dexaethasone on extracellular matrix gene expression of
• 102. Selamawit Yimer: 13C-labelled nutrient catabolism in intact cells. Limitation in the
study of 13C-propionate metabolism in RINm5F cells and interpretation of 13C-glucose conversion to deuterated L-lactate in human erythrocytes exposed to D2O.
• 103. Semakula Crispin: Two year follow-up of insulin (auto)antibody concentrations in
patients with type 1 (insulin- dependent) diabetes of recent onset.
• 104. Szücs Zsuzsa: Application of fluorescence in situ hybridization techniques in clinical
• 105. Tavares da Silva Anselmo João : Development of a rat model for xenotransplantation
of fetal pig islet cells - a study of the thymus as an implantation site.
• 106. Van Droogenbroeck Ilse: Study of islet amyloid polypeptide in human pancreatic tissue
• 107. De Meulemeester Nick: Computer-assisted location of reference points in three
• 108. Lamoral Sabine: Open, non-comparative study to evaluate the long-term safety and
efficacy of subgingivally applied minocycline in adult periodontitis.
• 109. De Paepe Monique: ß cell growth after intraportal islet transplantation: a
• 110. Katesuwanasing Dontree: Expression of c-Jun, Jun-B and Jun-D in normal ovari
epithelium and epithelial ovarian cancer at the cellular level.
• 111. Williams Tokunbo L.: The effects of guanidinosuccinic acid on synaptic transmission in
hippocampal slices of the rat: an electrophysiological preliminary study.
• 112. XU Zhi Wei: Epidemiological typing of Klebsiella oxytoca by plasmid profile, genome
macrorestriction analysis and arbitralrily primed polymerase chain reaction fingerprinting.
• 113. Yin Ting: Molecular analysis of patients with antithrombin III deficiency.
• 114. De Meester Johan: Characterization of antibodies in highly sensitized patients awaiting
• 115. De Roeck Karolien: A survey on medical ethics committees in Belgium.
• 116. Dogusan Zeynep: Tumor necrosis factor-a and interleukin 1-a mediate cell death in
process-bearing cells of the L3 cell line.
• 117. Fan Ye-dong: Experience with heterotopic liver transplantation in the rat.
• 118. Fernandes Edrisi: Investigation of determinants of human gastric mucosal cell
proliferation status using proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) immunostaining.
• 119. Hou Xue: A new immunoadsorption method for the measurement of proinsulin
conversion intermediates in human islets.
• 120. Hu Zheng Yu: Detection of soluble ICAM-1 in serum of multiple myeloma patients.
• 121. Luo Dian-Zhong: The number, distribution and recruitment of Hepatic Natural Killer
• 122. Lyaruu A. Isaack: Polymorphism of human chromosome 11p15 in insulin-dependent
• 123. Pavlovic Dejan: Expression of major histocompatibility complex molecules by
• 124. Tao Jie: Development of islet implantation in neonatal rodents: an experimental model
• 125. Wets Laurens: A clinical study to evaluate the activity and safety of intravenous (IV)
poly I:poly C12U (Ampligen®) in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
• 126. Xu Guoxiong: Fibronectin isoform gene expression in rat fat-storing and parenchymal
• 127. Zambre Yasmeen: Analysis of insulin-like peptides produced by human pancreatic ß
• 128. Zhou Xiaolan: Growth hormone secretion and its inhibiting factors in cafeteria diet fed
• 129. Fulilwa Peggy: Eosinophilic inclusions in dog hepatocytes induced in vitro by alpha-2
• 130. Kutthatharmmakul: Multivariate calibration in UV and NIR analysis of Siriporn
• 131. Rytilä Paula: Cellular composition of induced sputum in asthma, chronic obstructive
• 132. Saelens Nathalie: Therapeutical changes in extraction versus nonextraction
• 133. Wijgaerts Ingrid: Electrical versus manual toothbrushing during fixed orthodontic
therapy. Effects on plaque removal and periodontal status.
• 134. Chen Meng-Chi: Major histocompatibility complex class I gene expression in human
and rat pancreatic ß-cells - quantification by competitive reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction.
• 135. Chowdhury W. Hoque: The effects of guanidinosuccinic acid, an endogenous
metabolite accumulating in renal insufficiency, are modulated by extracellular Mg2+ ions, glycine and 7 Cl-kynurenic acid in the CA1 region of rat hippocampal slices: a qualitative electrophysiological study.
• 136. Chukwumezie N: Studies on the heterogeneity of a Helicase-like Beatrice Transcription
• 137. Faid Louiza: In vitro study on the adhesive interaction between tumor cells and bone
• 138. Gomez Patricia: Proliferation of human multiple myeloma cells in the "CD40 system.
• 139. Hoorens Anne: Protein synthesis suppresses a constitutive apoptotic program in rat
• 140. Idigo Joseph: Mutation screening of the Jun-D gene in ovarian cancer.
• 141. Minzi Omary: Selection and development of assay methods for pharmaceutical
formulations containing antibacterial sulphonamides.
• 142. Mohsin Shahida: Enumeration of peripheral blood stem cells with flow cytometry:
• 143. Tokola-Smith Nancy: Effects on cryopreserved human spermatozoa of conditioned
media from four mammalian urogenital cell lines.
• 144. Villafuerte Sandra: Analysis of HLA-DMA and -DMB polymorphism in insulin-dependent
• 145. Yuan Xiao-Wei: Identification and antibiotic susceptibility of bacterial enteric
pathogens and study of the plasmid profiles of salmonella strains.
• 146. Van Der Schueren Guy: Cephalometric study of the treatment effects of a fixed
• 147. Khatib Rana: The application of near-infrared spectroscopy in the pharmaceutical
• 148. Lovisetti Paola: Molecular and Immunological characterization of a chromogranin-like
• 149. Cornelis Marc: Residues of veterinary drugs: their safety evaluation in the EU.
• 150. Deang Jocelyn: Characterization of duct from human pancreas.
• 151. Hostens Katleen: Differences in proinsulin and insulin release from perifused human
• 152. Hu Yanxin: Morphological characterization of an in vitro maturation system for early
• 153. Ruangsomboon Orawan: Effects of oestrogens on prolactine gene expression.
• 154. Depreter Marianne: Regulation of expression of hepatic peroxisomes during normal
• 155. Njunju Mbindo: Mutation analysis in patients with cystic fibrosis and congenital
• 156. Ni You Ping: GLP-1 receptor gene expression in mouse islets.
• 157. Keto George: Production of polyclonal antibodies against the mouse lung GLP-1
• 158. Izurieta Sanchez Sylvia: Effect of trihexyphenidyl on the biotransformation of L-Dopa
to dopamine in the striatum of hemi-parkinson rats.
• 159. KhanAKD Ghous Md: In vivo microdialysis study of neurotransmitter levels and
electrocorticographic changes following vigabatrin and lamotrigine administration in pilocarpine-induced epilepsy in rats.
• 160. Terrazas Aranda Katty: Irreversible neutralization of poliovirus.
• 161. Gobbers Erik: Evaluation of the utility of the HIV1 RNA NASBA assay for confirmation
of HIV1 infection and to monitor HIV1 RNA load during antiviral therapy.
• 162. Asosingh Kewal: Circulating CD34 positive cells in cord blood and mobilized blood have
a different profile of adhesion molecules than those in bone marrow.
• 163. Bovy Karin: Management of severe paediatric cancer pain in Flemish University
• 164. Delmeire Dominique: Expression of adenylate cyclase isoforms in rat pancreatic a-cells
• 165. Devolder-Irobi Ijeoma: Genetic identification of candida species in HIV-positive
patients using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) analysis.
• 166. Donnelly Fergal: Adverse events in the CNS of second-generation antihistamines: a
metanalysis and perspectives for the future.
• 167. Laureys Steven: Transient focal cerebral ischemia assessed by in vivo microdialysis
and diffusion magnetic resonance imaging in the rat.
• 168. Momen Afsana: Combined evaluation of myocardial perfusion and global left
• 169. Van Moer Carine: Comparison of reproducibility, accuracy and dimensional stability of
linear measurements on indirect digital and conventional intra-oral radiographs.
• 170. Aka Peter: Development of a DNA Heteroduplex Mobility Assay (HMA) for subtyping
• 171. Domingo Ronald R: Inducibility of gluthathione S-transferase isoenzymes in collagen
gel sandwich and immobilisation cultures of rat hepatocytes.
• 172. Khonputsa Panrasri: Pancreatitis during drug treatment: a comparitive evaluation of
three algorithms for assessing the causal role of drugs.
• 173. Kisanga Elton Richard: Effect of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors on proliferation and
ECM expression by rat hepatic stellate cells.
• 174. Sachdev Neera: Characterization of rat mesangial cells in renal cortex sections and in
• 175. Tobback Christine: Nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation in mouse oocytes: a
comparison of in vitro cultured oocytes to in vivo controls.
• 176. Verheyden Bart: Stabilisation of the oral polio vaccine.
• 177. Wu Dequan: Morphometric analysis of pancreas in glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor
• 178. Xu Jinpeng: Serum levels of bone specific alkaline phosphatase and insulin-like growth
factor-1 in Kashin-Beck disease patients supplemented with selenium.
• 179. Zeinoun Ziad: The TGF-ß1 autocrine growth suppressive circuit in human ovarian
• 180. Liu Jun: In-vitro growth of primary mouse follicles.
• 181. Lobe Emmanuel: Angiotensine II administration in rats: evaluation of renal damage
• 182. Matthijs Stefan: Plaque removing efficacy of a tootbrush with new technologiy bristles.
• 183 Nogueira Daniela: Frozen-thawed testicular sperm: Ultrastructure and application in
• 184 Ngonseu Ernest: Hosts susceptibility and influence of pregnancy during Plasmodium
Berghei malaria infection with special attention to preerythrocytic stages.
• 185. Ahmad Idrees: Colon carcinoma cell to sinusoidal endothelial cell adhesion in early
• 186. Albano Carola: Clinical assessment of GnRH antagonists during ovarian stimulation
prior to assisted reproduction techniques.
• 187. Declerck Barbara: Validation of heterologous expressed human cytochromes P-450 as
tools for the identification of the human cytochrome P-450 involved in the metabolism of a new drug.
• 188. Echchgadda Ibtissam: Degradation products of antisense oligonucleotides: effects on
• 189. Patanawong Yuwadee: Encapsulation of morphine and bupivacaine in liposomes.
• 190. Qin Hong: Identification of somatostatin receptors on rat hepatic stellate cells.
• 191. Shi Lin: Incidence and treatment of opioid-induced nausea and emesis: a comparison
• 192. Wu Wei: Development of a mouse model to evaluate antifibrogenic drugs in vivo.
• 193. Zhu Yulan: Estrogen receptor expression in nontumorous pituitaries and pituitary
• 194. Gerlo Sarah: Expression of prolactin and it's receptor in myeloid cells.
• 195. Bogdani Marika: The expression and localization of the BRCA1 protein in the normal
and tumoral breast and its correlation with prognostic markers.
• 196. Nguyen Minh Nguyet: A Optimisation of a flow injection analysis assay using
• 197. Zhang Jigang: Renal damage and antioxydant enzyme status in mice treated with
• 198. Kupper Cardozo Aless.: Analysis of exonic mutations leading to exon skipping in
patients with pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency.
• 199. Enhtuvshin Gendendaram: Generation of human dendritic cells from frozen-thawed
• 200. Van Uytsel Kim Tae Yung: Biosynthesis of islet amyloid polypeptide in the rat
• 201. Van Autrève Jan: Sequence-based typing of type 1 diabetes susceptibility HLA-DQB1
• 202. Mei Shaoping: Interaction of colon carcinoma cells with hepatic sinusoidal endothelial
• 203. Jin Chengluo: Suppression of TGF-B1 induced collagen synthesis in rat skin fibroblasts
and hepatic stellate cells by trichostatin A.
• 204. Nasako Theodora Apha: Evaluation of the newly developed HIV-1 RNA quantification
assay (ELOSA HIV-1) for diverse HIV-1 subtypes (group M, O and N) and SIVcpz.
• 205. Prasad Ajay: Development of a screening assay for HIV1 TAT inhibitors of medicinal
• 206. Shabana Wael Mansour: Utility of diffusion weighted echo planar imaging in evaluation
• 207. Zhang Yi: Construction and characterization of YAC and cosmid contig on the short
• 208. Chua Shawn: Can the Herpes Virus Protein VP22 improve transduction efficiencies and
growth suppressive effects of TAM 67 in ovarian cancer cells.
• 209. Shamputa Isdore Chola: Detection of a gene encoding an a-crystallin homologue in
numerous mycobacterial species other than Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
• 210. Lombaerts Jan Frans: Immunogenicity of an engineered internal image camel single-
• 211. Lahoutte Tony: Characterization of the influx of 125I-labeled tyrosine analogues into
myeloma cancer cells: evidence for System T transport.
• 212. Borkham Erawan: A novel carrier-adjuvant expression system based on the lipoprotein
1 from P. aeruginosa: potential for use in anti-cancer vaccine design.
• 213. Castano Alvarado Marlen: Evaluation of the feasibility of conducting clinical trials in
• 214. De Brito Manique Isabel: The role and possible mechanism of action of anti-thymocyte
globulin (ATG) induction therapy in renal transplantation, survey of the literature and meta-analysis of significant clinical trials.
• 215. Debebe Zufan: Development of an in vivo calibration method to study the distribution
• 216. Dong Jing: Islet/brain 1 (1B1) mediates Interleukine-1-beta-induced suppression of
insulin and GLUT2 gene expression in rat pancreatic beta cells.
• 217. Gebretsadik Kahsay: Evaluation of in vivo antifibrogenic properties of the HDAC
inhibitors TSA and 4-Me2N-BAPH in the CCl4-induced Balb/c mouse model of hepatic fibrosis.
• 218. Go Justina: Clomiphene citrate in assisted reproduction.
• 219. Krajc Mateja: Mutational analysis of the BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 genes in Slovenian
families with a high incidence of breast and/or ovarian cancer and investigation of feasibility and the moral implications of counseling of these families in Slovenia.
• 220. Liu Dongbo: Effects of cytokines on gene expression and survival of pancreatic islet
cells isolated from iNOS deficient mice (iNOS-/-).
• 221. Nguyen Anh Tho: Studies on extraction, isolation, purification and structure
determination of alkaloids in Folium extract of Erythrina orientalis L. Fabaceae cultivated and collected in Vietnam.
• 222. Pottier Xavier: Study of amyloid polypeptide and its precursorforms in human type-2
diabetic islet amyloid: immunochemical detection and mass analysis of microdissected deposits.
• 223. Redivo Myriam: The Belgian Cystic Fibrosis Registry.
• 224. Tabaku Mirela: Mutation analysis in NF1 patients.
• 225. Tavaniotou Asimina: Correlation between endometrial morphology, endocrinology and
integrin expression in the early luteal phase in natural and stimulated cycles.
• 226. Vu Viet Anh: Development of a fast separation strategy for chiral substances using
• 227. Kefas Benjamin: AICA-riboside, an activator of 5’AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK),
interferes with glucose suppression of apoptosis in pancreatic b-cells
• 228. Liu Tao: Strategies to label the sulci on flat maps of the cortical surface of the human
• 229. Ni Jie: Effects of Mycophenolate mofetil and a combination therapy (Losartan +
Enalapril) on oxidative stress in a model of kidney disease
• 230. Tchantchou Flaubert: Monitoring of HIV-1 subtypes distribution among individuals
newly (year 2000) diagnosed in Belgium by means of V3 serotyping and Heteroduplex Mobility Assay
• 231. Zhang Menghui: Quality control of plant materials with antioxidant activity using Near
• 232. Zhou Yan: Epitope mapping of the inhibitory monoclonal antibody MA-159M12 against
• 233. Adenowo Abedukola: A new particle in the assembly of Theiler’s murine
• 234. Ako-Arrey Donatus A.: Cholinergic regulation of the activity of L-aromatic amino acid
decarboxylase (AADC) in the striatum of the rat
• 235. Borromeo Cecilia: Tissue distribution of islet amyloidosis in human type-2 diabetic
• 238. Mohebbian Nahid: Biocompatibilty of dental alloys and their corrosion products using
• 239. Ngambi L Vivian: Evaluation of calcium metabolism in an elderly Sub-Saharan
• 240. Sani Musa: Development of an HIV-1 integrase assay for high throughput screening
• 241. Song Dalin: Influence of catecholamines on myocardial markers and morphology
• 242. Takahiso Chio: The role of ATP citrate lyase in glucose-regulated insulin release in rat
• 243. Van De Wouwer Marlies: Links between coagulation and inflammation: Role of the
lectin-like domain of thrombomodulin in inflammation
• 244. Verelst Katleen: Anti-plaque and anti-gingivitis effects of chlorhexidine chewing gum
• 245. Yan Chunli: Development and optimisation of a HPLC-method to determine biogenic
amines in wine using an experimental design approach
• 246. Yang Xin: Effects of resuscitative mild hypothermia, oxygen concentration on survival
time after uncontrolled hemorrhagic shock in mechanically ventilated rats
• 247. Zheng Fang: Transplantation of isolated fetal porcine pancreatic cells into nude mice
• 248. Abdel Gadir Yasir: Infection control in endotontic treatment and retreatment
• 249. Baila Liliana: Methodology of clinical trials in cancer applied to the field of breast
• 250. Feng Yingmei: Deregulated C-MYC expression contributes to apoptosis of the
• 251. Guerra Mendoza Yolanda: Genetical analysis of human blastocyst by fluorescence in
• 252. Kochaji Nabil: Expression of cell proliferation-associated nuclear antigen Ki67 in jaws
• 253. Kolibianakis Efstratios: The effect of ovarian stimulation with recombinant FSH/ GnRH
• 254. Makkat Smitha: Evolution of ischemic penumbra in acute stroke ? a correlative study
of early MR imaging findings with evolution of infarct
• 255. Ntemgwa Michel L.: HIV-1 Neutralizing antibodies in African Women
• 256. Sadeu Dongfack Jean-Clair: Study of folliculogenesis in vivo in Cavia Porcellus
• 257. Wang Chen: Gamma aminobutyric acid production in pancreatic beta cells following
exposure to streptozotocin, no donor and interleukin-1 beta
• 258. Xie Jingwei: A model for the evaluation of radiolabeled tyrosine and phenylalanine
• 259. Yuan Hong: Histological, behavioural and neurochemical chararterisation of an animal
• 260. Ankghuambom Chiambah: Evaluation of a probe hybridization assay to subtype human
immunodeficiency virus type-1(HIV-1) circulating recombinant form CRF02(IbNg) in Cameroon
• 261. Cai Ying: BCL-2 prevents apoptosis induced by glucose limitation and AMPK-activation
• 262. D’haese Jan: Comparison of the efficacy of sonic versus ultrasonic scaling
• 263. Elaut Jurgen: Decalcifications and bond failures: a comparison of visible light and
argon laser curing for bracket bonding, in vivo
• 264. Meurs Alfred: Behavioural, neurochemical and electrocorticographical effects of
• 265. Thys Steven: Development and validation of an immunotoxicological assay and
evaluation of its usefulness in toxicology
• 266. Van Eygen Isabelle: Influence of a soft drink with low pH on enamel surfaces. An in
• 267. Yao Xiaoli: The proinsulin/C-peptide ratio as a possible predictive marker in the
preclinical phase of type 1 diabetes mellitus
• 268. Zhang Ying: Evaluation of ß cell function in antbody positive first-degree relatives of
type 1 diabetic patients by a hyperglycemic clamp technique
• 269. Abdul Muhammad Zehra: Small interfering RNA mediated suppression of SOCS-7
• 270. Asi El-Alyaa: Use of hyperglycemic clamp test to predict glucose intolerance in high
risk relatives of type 1 diabetic patients
• 271. Atemnkeng Magnus Ajong: Quality control and preclinical investigation of a paediatric
antimalarial dry suspension with artemether as active compound
• 272. Braimoh Segun: Differential Modulation of Extracellular Central Monoamines release by
Selective Glutamate Receptor Ligands with Proven Anticonvulsant Activity
• 273. Ghalamkarpour Arash: Validation of disinfectants used in clean rooms
• 274. Ibeakanma Charles: Expression of endocrine markers and developmental transcription
• 275. Lambiv Wanyu Louis: The roles of WNT signals in neural induction and midbrain
• 276. Ma Thida Khin: The role of liver natural killer (NK) cells in the clearance of colon
carcinoma cells during the early onset of metastasis and their interaction with Kupffer (liver macrophage) cells
• 277. Wang Qidi: Glibenclamide stimulates protein synthesis in rat beta cells through
• 278. Xiao Xiangwei: Manipulation of hematopoietic stem cells for pancreatic beta cell
• 279. Xu Xiaobo: Evaluation of in vitro and in vivo models to search for stem/progenitor cells
• 280. Yosef Salwa: The anti-diabetic drug metformin activates AMP-activated protein kinase
in insulin-producing MIN6 cells and induces their apoptosis
• 281. Abdul Muhammad Munira: Ceramidase activity in mammalian epidermis
• 282. Ijiyemi Oluwasegun: Assessment of type 1 diabetes-associated genetic risk in the
Belgian general population: a feasibility study in the Brussels region
• 283. Thys Bert: An alternative replication system for Theiler’ Murine Encephalomyelitis virus
• 284. Ubani Ogonnaya C.: Changes in proinsulin/C-peptide ratio during the pre-clinical phase
• 285. Dombret Bernard: Plaque removing efficacy of a prototype powered toothbrush
• 286. Wyn Iris: Comparison of the plaque removing efficacy of powered toothbrush at two
• 287. Asscherickx Karlien: Influence of orthodontic anchorage implants inserted in the
median palatal suture on normal transverse maxillary growth in growing dogs. A biometric and radiographic study.
• 288. Bauwens Matthias: In vitro evaluation of 2-I-D-phenylalanine as a new potential
tumour tracer for SPECT and radionuclide therapy
• 289. Bovend’Eerdt Paul: Tooth-borne surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion (SRPE)
compared to bone-borne surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion (TPD). Are there any differences in the change of the cant of palatal plane?
• 290. Chen Yuhong: Effects of rapamycin on glycemic control in normal rats.
• 291. Cosyn Jan: Short-term anti-plaque effect of two commercially available chlorhexidine
• 292. Finsi Jamil: NADH: Ubiquinone oxidoreductase inhibition following metformin exposure
• 293. Glarentzos Anastasios: Comparison of the efficacy of tongue scraping and tongue
brushing in reduction of oral malodor in periodontal healthy subjects
• 294. Hanssens Jean-Louis: Toxicity of orthodontic materials in 3-D cell cultures
• 295. Igwe John: Identification of receptor for Advance Glycation End Products (RAGE) in
• 296. Papanikolau Evangelos: Late follicular phase endometrium histology and steroid
receptor expression in GnRH antagonist and gonadotropins IVF stimulated cycles
• 297. Quintens Roel: Gene expression profiling of purified primary rat alpha- and beta cells
• 298. Shi Qing: Study of different configurations of the capsule and ligaments of the
talocalcaneonavicular joint and of the trabecular pattern in different types of calcanei"
• 299. Stragier Pieter: Genotyping of Mycobacterium ulcerans, M. marinum and M. liflandi
using mycobacterial interspersed repetitive units, and gyrase restriction enzyme analysis
• 300. Torosian Kristina: A pilot study investigating potential muscle toxicity due to
chemotherapy as a main cause of fatigue in breast cancer patients
• 301. Abdo Shaaban: Relative quantification of WNT, frizzled and secreted antagonist gene
• 302. Jia Yutao: Insulin receptor expression and signaling in quiescent and activated murine
• 303. Agbor Agbor Terence: Expression pattern of the frizzled receptors during early mouse
• 304. Folefac Aminkeng: Contribution of TNFA-DQ haplo- and genotypes to type 1 diabetes
susceptibility and protection: a genetic study in the Belgian population
• 305. LI Hongyun: Glucose and glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor signaling regulate
endoplasmic reticulum stress response in rat pancreatic beta cells
• 306. Long Chunmei: Glucose and IGF-1 stimulate proliferation of pancreatic beta cells and
decrease their apoptosis via increased AKT/PKB signaling and synthesis of specific proteins
• 307. Romero Loyola Sergio: A model for in vitro culture and meiotic maturation of Cumulus-
Oocyte Complexes from immature follicles
• 308. Zhang Huan: Development and validation of analysis of an artemisinin combination
therapy formulation of artemether and amodiaquine
• 309. Aka Elizabeth-Patu: Soluble Cadherins in breast cancer
• 310. Eugene L. Asahchop: Development and evaluation of an affordable microbead-based
assay for the quantification of p24 antigen in the plasma of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infected patients
• 311. Han Siying: Quality control of antimalarials from East Congo D.R.
• 312. Ji Xiangming: Mutation analysis of the EGFR and ERBB2 tyrosine kinase domain in
• 313. Juliana A. Anchang: Validation of the fluorogenic polymerase chain reaction for the
determination of Plasmodium falciparum genotypes linked to drug resistance
• 314. Schroyen Ben: Characterization of leptin and adiponectin receptor isoforms on mouse
• 315. Shi Xiaojing: Prophylactic insulin treatment in IA-2 autoantibody positive first-degree
relatives of type 1 diabetic patients. Effects on diabetes-free survival, islet autoantibodies and stimulated C-peptide release
• 316. Stein Barbara: Receptor tyrosine kinases as therapeutical targets in Multiple Myeloma
• 317. Tchouate G. Lea Olive: Effects of TAM67 and EGFR-1 pathways inhibition in lung
cancer cells expressing wild type EGFR-1 receptor and the proto-oncogene C-Jun
• 318. Cheongwa Nkwete Wanzie: Akt/PKB prevents AMPK-mediated apoptosis and inhibition
of proliferation in pancreatic beta cells
• 319. Fomenky Bridget E: Pharmacological stimulation of intracellular heat shock protein 70
• 320. Kosmas Ioannis: Endocrine and endometrial profile of four different antagonist
• 321. Morampudi Vijay: Evaluation of the immunogenicity and protective efficacy of plasmid
DNA vaccines against Buruli disease based on proteins implicated in mycolactone synthesis
• 322. Mynbaev Ospan: Transplanted cancer cell metastatic syndrome in the peritoneum
wounds or/and port-sites: Russian roulette in surgical oncology
• 323. Nchindia Ntonghanwah Bebonchu: Homing of in vitro expanded bone marrow-derived
mesenchymal stem cells: a study in the C57BL/KaLWRijHsd mouse model
• 324. Sethuraman Anandanatarajan: The study of a set of orthogonal HPLC systems in a
• 325. Sun Shouyue: Development of omentum as a site for islet transplantation in diabetic
• 326. Tytgadt Virginie: Functional analysis of the USP26 gene
• 327. Arrey-Akpang Emile: Generation and characterization of nanobodies (VHH) against
• 328. Barthson Jenny: Phenotypical description of neonatal rat beta cells in search of specific
• 329. Berlengee Frederik: Study on Fas-mediated apoptosis in xenoreactive human T
• 330. Chinaka Uzoho C: Exploring conditions for adult rat ß-cell proliferation and survival
• 331. Emeagi Perpetua Ukachi: Lentiviral vectors in anti-cancer therapy: direct
• 332. Govaerts Elke: A prospective study on maxillary changes with bone-borne surgically-
• 333. Liu Zhe: In vivo homing properties of culture expanded human mesenchymal stem
• 334. Potikanond Saranyapin: Interactions between TNFa (Tumor Necrosis Factor a) and
IGF-I (Insulin-like Growth Factor-I) signaling in prostate cancer cells in relation to cell survival and proliferation
• 335. Rathnavelu Mohanakumar: Potential application of the association of vitamins C
(sodium ascorbate) and K3 (menadione) as auxiliary therapy in cancer treatment
• 336. Sanchez Ramos Flor Ines: Stage-Specific oocyte gene expression during mouse
• 337. Tacken Michel: Survival rate and influence on periodontal health of glass fiber
reinforced retainers compared to multistranded retainers
• 338. Umelo Ijeoma: Functional assays for epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in
• 339. Asanghanwa Milca: Autoantibodies against zinc transporter 8 and insulinoma-
associated antigen 2ß at diagnosis of type 1 diabetes
• 340. Dairo Oluseyi: The use of brain cancer cell lines as a model system to study the
• 341. Desimmie Belete: Characterization of Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor and Ciliary
Neurotrophic Factor Receptor expression in adult rat pancreas
• 342. Takukeng Cletus: Regulation of posterior HOXA genes in Tetrapod Limb Development
• 343. Calleja Louel Ross: Effect on transient total pancreatic ischemia via arterial occlusion
• 344. Mbunwe Eric: Human Leukocyte Antigen Class I A and B Locus Polymorphisms and
Type I Diabetes in the Belgian Population
• 345. Mei Jie: Phenotypic characterisation of murine hepatic stem/progenitor cells following
their isolation, purification and culture
• 346. Mfoataw Nchemti Vikhram Ebot: Development of nanobodies (VHH) against human
zinc-alpha-2-glycoprotein(ZAG) and synaptosome-associated protein of 23kDa (SNAP-23)
• 347. Onyema Oscar: The role of histone deacetylase 4 during hepatic stellate cells
• 348. Seynaeve Geert: Induction of DNA damage by silica nanoparticles
• 349. Siti Aminah B Abdul Rahim: Tec tyrosine kinase - promoter of cell survival and
011 E.MAlumni Board 2.0 emeeting (12 Jan 2013, 14 h CET) – Meeting Notes Attendees: Corinna, Cristiano, Iva, Krisztina, Lynn, Monika, SofiaAdoption of the Agenda: The agenda is centred on the finalisation of the organisation of t○ GC arrivals: one participant (Anastasiya) is not able to come b○ Accommodation: 14 confirmed rooms at Villa Cipro as of 12 Jan 2013○ Cater
PROTEINS: Structure, Function, and Genetics, Suppl. 1:210–214 (1997) CASP2 Molecular Docking Predictions With the LIGIN Software Vladimir Sobolev, 1* Theodore M. Moallem, 1 Rebecca C. Wade, 2 Gert Vriend, 2 and Marvin Edelman 1 1 Department of Plant Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel 2 EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany ABSTRACT Seven docking predictions were mad