Microsoft word - amani abou-zamzam resume ca 1-12.doc
Amani A Abou-Zamzam MBA Email [email protected] Cell 310.780.0881 www.amani.md EDUCATION MBA PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY, Malibu, Calif
Masters in Business Administration, Marketing emphasis
BA UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, San Diego, Calif.
Bachelors of Arts. Majors: Biochemistry & Cell Biology; Psychology
*Supplemented education with scholarships & work-study program
MBS-Medical Billing specialist- PRS Physician Reimbursement Systems
EXPERIENCE West Coast Urology Executive Myriad Genetics- Pre-Launch Strategy for West Coast Prostate Cancer KOL’s -Identified KOL West Coast -Natl -KOL AD Board Selection -Identified Speakers for Development -Urology Society Networking with Urologic Oncology KOL's -AUA; WSAUA; SUO; LAU; OCU; SDU -Advocacy- Speaker placement @ PCF -Educational and Society Program Planning for Pre and Post launch -Study Placement with West Coast KOL and Clinical Investigators in Urology and Prostate Arena. -Identifying West Coast Key Accts-LUGPA Strategies and Markets Director of Business Development PRS Physician Reimbursement Systems
• Responsibilities include partnership negotiation with Pharma companies to implement
• Aid sales force training in the use of PRS tools. • Facilitate promotion of AUA-American Urological Association, endorsed products. • Conduct PRS Urology Coding Seminars
Director of Business Development DeSantis Management Group
• Facilitate Presentations for Westerns Section AUA Practice Management Forums • Coordinate Presenters, Sponsors and implementation for Los Angeles Urological Society
Urology Business Consultant
The Upjohn Company/Pharmacia & Upjohn/Pharmacia/Pfizer
Awards and Recognition:
• 2003 #1 National Ranking #1 Market Share Penetration • 2003 Platinum Award for National Business Consultant Team • Stock Option Bonus top performers - 3 nationally
Practice Management Consultant: Consulting services for Urologists-Dermatologists Greater Los Angeles area: Business Development -
• Physician Practice growth strategies and office efficiencies • Implemented Staff training & Development • Urology Niche market expansion: OAB and Erectile Dysfunction • Internal & External Marketing-Facilitate referral building and Outreach opportuntities
Amani A. Abou-Zamzam MBA EXPERIENCE: Continued Urology Business Consultant Society and Medicare Advisor:
• Urology Society Liaison- Western Section AUA, LA Urologic, Cedars Urology, UCLA Urology, Raz
Fellowship, Leach Fellowship, Male-Sexual Dysfunction and Female Sexual Dysfunction KOL’s
• Facilitate Practice management, Medicare and Educational workshops for Urology and Oncology
• Medicare Carrier Liaison for Pharmacia for Urology and Oncology Specialties • Achieved Medicare coverage of Caverject for state of California • Achieved extended Medicare coverage for Camptosar for Western region • Medicare billing, coding, reimbursement and compliance PRS- Physician Reimbursement Systems
Account Manager/Marketing Liaison/Team Leader-Key Urology Accounts: California Southern Cal- UCLA,Cedars-Sinai, Raz, Tower, MSD, Sansum Santa Barbara:
• Account Management responsibilities include: • Coordinate Pre and post launch activities for So Cal area for Detrol, Detrol LA, Caverject for National,
Regional teams and Corporate product management
• Identify KOL-Key Thought Leaders for ED and OAB for Studies, Public Relations, Promotional
Programs, Society Educational programs, Consultant panels; Speaker Development
• KOL Liaison for Regional Management, Product Management and Marketing to So Cal-Urology Thought
Leaders for Detrol, Detrol LA and Caverject; Dermatology Thought Leaders for Rogaine
• Marketing Management: Managed 800# media promotions for Caverject and
Rogaine for So Cal Region- DTC Campaigns and pull-through strategies.
• Caverject and Detrol/Detrol LA formulary approvals achieved at UCLA and Cedars
Recruiting, Training and Coaching Teams:
• Provided training and coaching for National Consultant team and Regional reps • Assisted in the interview hiring process for National and local teams • Pioneered Mentoring committee for California Region
Health Science Associate/Hospital Sales The Upjohn Company
• Conducted Marketing Advisory Panels, train and coached new representatives. • Assisted management in special projects and programs for the LA district including UCLA, Cedars, and
• Manager Training Role. Interviewed and Trained new hires.
Hospital Sales Consultant The Upjohn Company
• Hospital Sales responsibilities covering UCLA, Cedars-Sinai, West LA VA, LA Childrens Hospitals.
Products including: Prostin VR, Atgam, Zefazone, Xanax, Halcion, Vantin, Cleocin V, Depo-Provera, Prepadil Gel & Colestid Products and entire catalog.
• Achieved Hospital Formulary approvals of Colestid, Zefazone, Depo-Provera & Prepadil Gel at
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist
• General Sales responsibilities covering the Los Angeles area including 7 community hospitals; covering
South Bay, West Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Products ranging from Xanax, Halcion, Motrin, Micronase, Cleocin IV to OTC and entire catalog including hospital and independent pharmacy products.
• Multiple sales awards. #2 Motrin 800 Region 1987.
We ask you to provide the following pre-treatment information. The information we collect enables us to provide you with better care. Your privacy is important to us, so all information provided will be kept strictly confidential. YOUR DETA Title : Mr Mrs Ms Miss Dr Others________________ Given Name : ____________________________ Preferred Name : __________________________ Surname : ___