Microsoft word - publication 2011-12
Anatomy Publications of Dr. Soubhagya R. Nayak 1.
Murlimanju BV, Latha V. Prabhu, Hema Kini, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Mangala M. Pai,
Somesh MS. Aortic aneurysm: a case report with emphasize on microscopic and surgical anatomy. Clin Ter. 2011; 162 (5): 427-429, Italy. 2.
Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Roshni S, Murlimanju BV, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Jiji PJ,
Somesh SM, Latha V. Prabhu. Foramina of the Zygomatic bone: its clinical significance. Clin Ter. 2011; 162 (5): 419-421, Italy. 3.
Soubhagya R. Nayak, Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Latha V. Prabhu, Bhagath Kumar Potu,
Ishwar B. Bagoji, Jiji PJ, Ganesh Kumar Chettiar. Variable origin of the superior laryngeal artery and its clinical significance. Al Ameen J Med Sci. 2011; 4 (1): 69-74. 4.
Anu V. Ranade, Y Tripathi, Rajalakshmi Rai, Vinodini NA, Soubhagya R. Nayak,
Nayanatara AK, Rekha DK, Mangala Kumari. Effects of vitamin E administration on histopathological changes in rat testes following torsion and detorsion. Singapore Med J. 2011; 52(10): 742-746, Singapore. 5.
Soubhagya R. Nayak, Ravindra Swamy, Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Hasi Dasgupta.
Bilateral anomaly of Rectus Capitis Posterior Muscles in the Suboccipital Triangle and its clinical implication. Clin Ter. 2011; 162 (4): 355-356, Italy. 6.
Rajanigandha Vadgaonkar, Rajalakshmi Rai, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Sujatha D’Costa,
Vasudha Saralaya, Dhanya. An anatomical and clinical insight on brachialis with emphasis on portal’s muscle. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2010; 51 (3): 551-553, Romania. 7.
Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Ishwar B. Bagoji, Sujatha D’Costa,
Mangala M. Pai, Jiji PJ, Ganesh K. Chettiar, Rajalakshmi Rai. Morphometry of A1 segment of the anterior cerebral artery and its clinical importance. Clin Ter. 2010; 161 (3): 231-234, Italy. 8.
Bhagath Kumar Potu, Muddanna S. Rao, Gopalan Kutty Nampurath, Mallikarjuna Rao
Chamallamudi, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Huban Thomas. Anti-osteoporotic activity of the petroleum ether extract of Cissus quadrangularis Linn in ovariectomized wistar rats. Chang Gung Medical Journal. 2010; 33: 252-257, Taiwan. 9.
Soubhagya R. Nayak, Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Lakshmi Ramanathan, Anu V. Ranade,
Latha V. Prabhu, Jiji PJ, Rajalakshmi Rai, Ganesh K. Chettiar, Bhagath Kumar Potu. Anatomy of plantaris muscle: a study in adult Indians. Clin Ter. 2010; 161 (3): 249-252, Italy. 10. Dil Islam Mansur, Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Ganesh Kumar C, Rajalakshmi Rai, Sujatha D’Costa, Latha V. Prabhu. Multiple tendons of abductor pollicis longus. International Journal of Anatomical Variation 2010; 3: 25-28. 11. Ashwin Krishnamurthy, Susie David, Ishwar B. Bagoji, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Mangala M Pai, Murali BV, Ganesh Kumar C. Accessory brachialis muscle associated with high division of brachial artery. International Journal of Anatomical Variation 2010; 3: 160-161. 12. Anu V. Ranade, Rajalakshmi Rai, Soubhagya R. Nayak, Rajanigandha Vadgaoankar, Nermine Nosseir S, Nada Ali Kadhum. Independent origin of the entire coronary system along with the right conus artery within the right sinus of Valsalva associated with intramyocardial tunneling. International Journal of Anatomical Variation 2010; 3: 194-196.
Multiple Arterial Anomalies in Upper Limb, Kathmandu University Medical Journal, Vol-7, Issue-27,2009
Anatomical Variations in Palmaris Longus Muscle in Nepalese, Journal of Gandaki Medical College, Vol-II, Issue III in September 2009.
A Study on Oral Hygiene Practice among School Children of Pokhara Municipality, Journal of Gnadaki Medical College, Vol-II, Issue II in June 2009
A Comparative Study of the Peak Expiratory Flow Rate of Indian & Nepalese Young Adults in a Teaching Institute, Journal of Nepal Medical Association, 2008.
An Unusual Venous drainage of Face, Nepal Medical College Journal, 2007.
An Entrapment of Sciatic Nerve, Journal of Anatomical Society of India, 2002.
A Variation of Ansa Cervicalis- A Case Report.
A Series of Study in Anatomical Variation in Upper Limb.
Physiology Publications during last 3 years :
1. Impact of different teaching methods in Medical Physiology by Dr. Sujata Biswas, Dr.
Jharna Mukherjee, Dr. Arpan Ghosh. (Abstract only) APPICON 2011 AIIMS, NEW DELHI
2. Comparative Study of Different Teaching Methods. By Dr. Sujata Biswas, Dr. Jharna
Mukherjee, Dr. Arpan Ghosh (Abstract only) Anatomical Conference of India, West Bengal Chapter.
Current problems on which research work is going on and by whom
1. Impact of various teaching methods in Medical Physiology – by, Dr. Sujata Biswas ( Asst. prof) Guide – Prof. Jharna Mukherjee 2. Role of Caveolin in Insulin Resistance- by Dr. Shyam Sundar Dey
Biochemistry List of Publications in the last three years by Dr. Subir Kumar Das (Professor) Book Vasudevan DM, Das SK (2006) Practical Textbook for MBBS Students. Jaypee Brothers, New Delhi
Das SK, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM (2012) Effects of long term ethanol consumption mediated oxidative stress on neovessel generation in liver. Toxicology Mechanisms & Methods 22(5): 375-82
Das SK, Mukherjee S (2012) Biochemical and immunological basis of Silymarin effect, a milk thistle (Silybium marianum
) against ethanol-induced oxidative damage. Toxicology Mechanisms & Methods 22(5): 409-13.
Das SK, Mukherjee S (2011) Modulation of lecithin activity by vitamin-B complex to treat chronic ethanol-induced oxidative stress in lung. Pharmacologia 3(4): 103-12.
Das SK, Balakrishnan V (2011) Role of Cytokines in the Pathogenesis of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Indian J Clin Biochem 26(2): 202-209.
Das SK, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM, Balakrishnan V (2011) Comparison of haematological parameters in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and alcoholic liver disease. Singapore Med J 52(3) 175-81.
Das SK, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM (2011) Effects of long term ethanol consumption on cell death in liver. Indian J Clin Biochem 26(1): 84-87.
Das SK, Mukherjee S (2010). Long term ethanol consumption leads to lung tissue oxidative stress and injury. Oxid Med Cell Longeiv 3(6): 414-420.
Das SK, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM (2010) Effects of long term ethanol consumption on adhesion molecules in the liver. Indian J Exp Biol 48(4); 394-401.
Das SK, Mukherjee S, Gupta G, Rao DN, Vasudevan DM (2010) Protective effect of resveratrol and vitamin E against ethanol-induced oxidative damage in mice: biochemical and immunological basis. Indian J Biochem Biophys 47 (1): 32-37.
Mukherjee S, Vaidyanathan K, Vasudevan DM, Das SK (2010) Role of plasma amino acids and GABA in alcoholic and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease- a pilot study. Indian J Clin Biochem 25(1): 37-42.
Das SK, Dhanya L, Varadhan S, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM (2009) Effects Of Chronic Ethanol Consumption in Blood: A Time Dependent Study on Rat. Indian J Clin Biochem 24(3): 301-306.
Mukherjee S, Das SK, Vasudevan DM (2009) Role of Polyphenols in Diet and Nutrition-An Updated Review. Current Nutrition & Food Science 5(2): 149-159
Das SK, Mukherjee S, Pandey G, Balakrishnan V, Vasudevan DM (2009) Clinicopathological spectrum of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease among patients in Kerala. Indian J Clin Biochem 24 (2): 155-158.
Das SK, Varadhan S, Gupta G, Mukherjee S, Dhanya L, Rao DN, Vasudevan DM (2009) Time dependent effects of ethanol on blood oxidative stress parameters and cytokines. Indian J Biochem Biophysics 46 (1): 116-121.
Das SK, Varadhan S, Dhanya L, Mukherjee S, Mohana S, Balakrishnan V, Vasudevan DM (2009) Diagnostic efficiency of amylase and type IV collagen in predicting chronic pancreatitis. Indian J Clin Biochem 24(1): 60-64.
Das SK (2009) Effects of alcohol in the lung. Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews 5 (1): 28-40.
Mukherjee S, Das SK, Vaidyanthan K, Vasudevan DM (2008) Consequences of alcohol consumption on neurotransmitters: an overview. Current Neurovascular Research 5(4): 266-272(7).
Das SK, Varadhan S, Dhanya L, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM (2008) Effects of chronic ethanol exposure on renal function tests and oxidative stress in kidney. Indian J Clin Biochem 23(4): 341-344.
Das SK, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM (2008) Potential Uses of Milk Thistle. Natural Product Radiance 7 (2): 182-192.
Das SK, Balakrishnan V, Mukherjee S, Vasudevan DM (2008) Evaluation of blood oxidative stress related parameters in alcoholic liver disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. The Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 68 (4): 323-334.
Das SK, Vasudevan DM (2008) Genesis of hepatic fibrosis and its biochemical markers. The Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 68 (4): 260-269.
Das SK, Dhanya L, Vasudevan DM (2008) Biomarkers of alcoholism: an updated review. The Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 68(2): 81-92.
Das SK, Vasudevan DM (2008) Alcohol induced effects on kidney. Indian J Clin Biochem. 23 (1): 4-9.
List of Publications in the last three years by Dr. Amitabha Das (Assistant Professor) 1.
Jana S, Maity AK, Bagh MB, Banerjee K, Das A, Roy A, Chakraborty S. Dopamine but not 3,4 dihyroxy phenylacetic acid (DOPAC) inhibits brain respiratory chain activity by auto-oxidation and mitichondria catalised oxidation to quinone products implication in parkinson’s disease. Brain Research, 2007;1139: 195-200.
List of Publications in the last three years by Dr. Tanmay Saha (Assistant Professor)
Tanmay saha, Santa Saha-Roy, Anindya Das Gupta, Pradyot Kr. Sen, Ardhendu Sinha Ray, Harendra Nath Das. Insulin resistance and serum magnesium status in Type-2 diabetes Mellitus. IJMB 2011;15(1): 54-60.
Dasgupta A, Singh O.P., Rout J K, Saha T, Mandal S. Insulin resistance and metabolic profile
Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 2010;14: 1202-7.
Tanmay Saha, P.P. Roy, A. Sarkar. Asthma: Newer Treatment. BACP 2007;XI(1):21-26.
List of Publications in the last three years by Dr. Dipak Kumar Chattopadyay (Demonstrator)
Nag D, Chattopadhyay DK, Maity CR. Superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase in the pathogenesis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis & the effect of zinc supplementation. Ind. Med. Gazette. Vol CXLIII, No.1:2009.
Chattopadhyay DK, Maity CR. Effect of zinc supplementation on Mycospecific immunoglobulins in tubercular patients. Journal of Indian Medical Association. 108(2010);92-93.
Chattopadhyay DK, Nag D. Effect of zinc supplementation on oxidative burst in tuberculosis. Ind. Med. Gazette. Vol CXLIV, No 9:348-51:2010.
Pathology 1.Dr. Barnik Choudhury Granular Cell Tumour Bombay Hospital journal.Vol-52 No.4, 2010 p. 541-44. 2.Dr. Barnik Choudhury Subcutaneous Granular Annulare in a 4 months old infant Bombay Hospital Journal.Vol-53, No. 2, 2011,P. 301-3 3. Dr. Anindita Sinha Babu Albuminuria and neuropathy in newly detected diabetics: Profile and correlation. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. Vol-109, No.-06. Published in June 2011. 4.Dr. Dipanwita Das A comparative study between FNAC and HP examination (HPE) in the diagnosis of neoplastic & nonneoplastic lesions of thyroid gland. Indian journal of preventive & social medicine Accepted-30.10.2011 Publications by -Department of Microbiology
1. Comparison of a novel bilayered medium with the conventional media for cultivation
of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
: Susmita Bhattacharya, Raja Roy, Neelika Roy Chowdhury, AsishDasgupta&Sujata G. Dastidar. Indian J Med Res 130, November 2009: 61-566
2. Studies on comparison of the efficacy of terbinafine1% cream &butenafine 1% cream
for the treatrment of Tineacruris.Sudip Das, J.N Barbhuniya, I Biswas, S.Bhattachrya, P.K Kundu.IndianDermatol Online J. 2010:1;8-9
3. Prevalence of HIV seropositivity among surgical patients in a tertiary care hospital.
Susmita Bhattacharya, BanyaChakraborty, Pratip Kumar Kundu, AbhiramMajhi, S.R Ghoshal, K.K Dey. J Indian Med assoc. Vol 109, No 12, Dec 2011: 896-898
4. Dr. Niladri Sekhar Das Drug - resistance profile of new PTB patients with or without
HIV infection. Int J Cur Res Rev, Sept 2012 / Vol 04 (17) ,Page 81 17.
In Press Kuhu Pal, Niladri Sekhar Das, Susmita Bhattacharya. Bacteriological profile of Indian currency circulating in a tertiary care hospital in rural Bengal. Indian Journal of Research & Reports in Medical Sciences. Pharmacology 2010-12. Publications of Prof. D. Bhattacharyya 1.Lyle N, Chakraborty S, Sur TK, Gomes A, Bhattacharyya D. Nardostachys jatamansi protects against cold stress induced central monoaminergic and oxidative changes in rats. Neurochem Res 2012 (Press) 2. Sapkota Pramanik S, Sur TK, Debnath PK, Bhattacharyya D. Effect of Peureria tuberosa on chronic foot shock stress in Wistar rats. Nepal Medical College Journal 2010, 12(4): 234-238. 3.Jana U, Sur TK, Maity LN, Debnath PK, Bhattacharyya D. A clinical study on the management of generalized anxiety disorder with Centella asiatica. Nepal Medical College Journal 2010, 12: 8-11. 4.Sur TK, Auddy B, Mitra S, Sarkar D, Bhattacharyya D. Antiinflammatory activity of detoxified bacterial strains in Wistar rats. Natural Product Sciences 2010, 16(3): 159-163. 5.Sapkota Pramanik S, Sur TK, Hazra A, Banerjee D, Pramanik T, Debnath PK, Bhattacharyya D. Antioxidant and antistress activities of standardized Pueraria tuberosa (Roxb.ex.Willd.) root extract in Wistar rats. Inventi Rapid Ethnopharmacology 2010, 1(2): 1-4. 6.Bhattacharyya D, Sur TK, Lyle N, Jana U, Debnath P K. A clinical study on the management of generalized anxiety disorder with Vaca (Acorus calamus). Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge 2011, 10(4): 668-671. 7. Sur TK, Auddy B, Bhattacharyya D. Effects of Body Revival (herbal formulation) on human platelet aggregation and myocardial ischemia in rats. Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine 2011, 9(7): 746-751. 8.Sapkota Pramanik S, Sur TK, Debnath PK, Pramanik T, Bhattacharyya D. Effect of Pueraria tuberosa on cold immobilization stress induced changes in plasma corticosterone and brain monoamines in rats. Journal of Natural Remedies 2011, 11(1): 69-75.
1. Pal M, Deb T. Vaginal estrogen therapy for postmenopausal overactive bladder.
International journal of Medicine & Pharmaceutical Sciences 2012; 2(3): 13-18.
2. Deb T, Singh R, Mukhopadhyay K. Students’ perception and practice in learning Basic
Pharmacology through a project based learning program: a before- after study. Indian Journal of Research & Reports in Medical Sciences. (Paper accepted: Acceptance letter dated 29.09.12, ref no. MID/IJRRMS/195).
3. Bhadra B, Deb T. Role of oral Misoprostol for treatment of incomplete abortion. JIMA.
(Paper accepted. Acceptance letter dated: 02.05.12, ref no. HE/accepted/57/2012).
4. Singh R, Basu G, Mukhopadhyay K, Deb T, Sengupta D. Status of RNTCP in a
tuberculosis unit of West Bengal. The National Medical Journal of India 2011; 5(24): 312.
Dr. KESHAB MUKHOPADHYAY (Associate Prof.)
• Singh R; Basu G; Mukhopadhya K; Deb T; Sengupta D
Status of RNTCP in a tuberculosis unit of West Bengal. The National Medical Journal of India 2011; 24(5): 312.
• Survival analysis in clinical trials Basis and must know areas (2011) Singh R;
Mukhopadhyay K. in perspective in clinical research Vol. 2, issue 4, page 145-148.
1. Adhya S, Meshram R, Sukul B. Seasonal trends in
suicide- a retrospective study. Medico-Legal Update 2010, 10, 2; 78-79
2. Adhya S, Bose TK. Headache ---- as a prelude to sudden
3. Adhya S et al. A Retrospective Study on Different
Aspects of Road Traffic Accident Victims in N.R.S. Medical College,Kolkata in Last 3 Years (2006-2008).MedicoLegal Update. 2011,11,2; 29-30
4. Bose TK et al . Restrospective studies on Railway
5. Bose TK Torture historical and Medicolegal aspects :
6. Bose TK : Art and science of lie detection Proceedings
1. Adhya S et al. Study of hundred autopsies under videography. Journal of Indian
2. Adhya S et al. Perinatal Autopsy- A study from India. Journal of Indian
3. Adhya S et al. A Study of Neural Tube Defects in a Perinatal Autopsy Series.
1. M K Sharma, D Kumar, PC Mittal, Poonam Goel. Under nutrition among children:
some socio-demographic concerns. Ind J Pre Soc Med 2011.
2. M K Sharma, Neeraj Gour, DK Wallia, NK Goel, Neeraj Agrawal. Nutritional Status of
Households of Rural Field Practice Area of a Tertiary Care Hospital in India. Online
Journal of Health and Allied Sciences 2011.
3. Deepika Agarwal, K V Singh, M K Sharma. Ocular morbidity in and around Meerut.
4. Neeraj Gour, M K Sharma. Specialty preference among undergraduate medical
students. Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences 2011.
5. M K Sharma, Neeraj Gour. Risk factors for oral, laryngeal and esophageal cancer.
Asia Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention 2011.
6. Chetna Mangat, NK Goel, Dinesh K Walia, Neeraj Agarwal, MK Sharma et al.
Metabolic Syndrome- a challenging health issue in highly urbanized Union Territory of
north India. Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome 2010.
7. Dinesh Kumar,Poonam Mittal, Munesh K Sharma. Socio demographic correlates of
child under nutrition. Journal of Pediatrics Sciences 2010.
8. Sharma M.K, Shashank , Kumar Dinesh. Morbidity and Mortality profile of patients
attending Pediatrics emergency department of a tertiary care Hospital JMGIMS 2010.
Dr. Chitra Chatterjee, Associate Professor
9. S Mallik, PK Mondal, P Ghosh, N Manna, Chitra Chatterjee, D Chakraborty, SN
Bagchi, S Dasgupta. Mass measles vaccination campaign in Aila cyclone affected areas
of West Bengal, India: an in-depth analysis and experiences. Iranian Journal of Medical
10. P.K. Mondal, D. Chakraborty, P. Ghosh, N. Manna, Chitra Chatterjee, J.C. Sardar, M.
Sau, A.K. Sinha Roy. Geriatric disability and associated risk factors: A community
based study in a rural area of W.B, India. Iranian Journal of Public Health 2010.
11. S. Mallick, C. Chatterjee, P.K. Mondal, J.C. Sardar, P.Ghosh, N. Manna. Expenditure
to treat Thalassaemia: An experiment at tertiary Care Hospital in India. Iranian Journal
12. P.K. Mondal, A.K. Sinha Roy, Chitra Chatterjee, S. Mallick, N. Manna, J.C. Sardar, D.
Burden of hypertension and its risk factors in an urban community of India: Are we
aware and concerned? Sudanese Journal of Public Health 2010.
13. S.K. Sadhukhan, Chitra Chatterjee, P. Srivastava, J.C. Sardar, G.K. Joardar, S. Lahiri.
Validity of Mid-arm circumference to detect protein energy malnutrition among 8-11
months old infants in a rural medical college of West Bengal. JIMA 2010.
14. Mandovi Chatterjee. Chitra Chatterjee. Nail-Patella Syndrome- A preliminary study
for genetic linkage with ABO Blood group. JIMA 2010.
15. PK Mondal, S Mallik, Chitra Chatterjee, JC Sardar, N Manna, D Chakraborty. Needle
prick injury: a study on prevalence and perceptions among the interns in a tertiary care
setting. Global Health Promotion and Education 2010.
16. D Chakraborty, PK Mondal, N Manna, S Mallik, P Ghosh, Chitra Chaterjee, JC Sardar,
M Sau, AK Sinha Ray. Functional disability and associated chronic conditions among
geriatric population in a rural community of India. Ghana Medical Journal 2010.
17. Mallik S, PK Mondal, Chitra Chatterjee, P Ghosh, N Manna, D Chakraborty, SN
Bagchi, S Dasgupta. Assessing cold chain status in a metro city of India: an
intervention study. African Health Sciences 2011.
18. PK Mondal, C Chatterjee, GK Joardar, SK Sadhukhan, JC Sardar, P Ghosh.
Community Medicine teaching in West Bengal: an opinion survey of the students.
Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine 2010.
19. Neeti Rustagi, S. K. Pradhan, Ritesh Singh. Public health impact of plastics: an
20. Chitra Chatterjee, Ritesh Singh, Gandhari Basu, Keshab Mukhopadhyay, Tirthankar
Deb, Dhruva Sengupta. Status of RNTCP in a tuberculosis unit of West Bengal. The
National Medical Journal of India 2011;24(5):312.
21. Suneela Garg, Ritesh Singh. Rational Use of Drugs – Need of the Hour. International
Journal of Medical and Pharma Research 2011;1(1):27-30.
22. Ritesh Singh. Community Medicine as a subject going from bad to worse phase. The
National Medical Journal of India. (Under Publication).
23. Suneela Garg, Ritesh Singh, Manoj Grover. India's health manpower: Current status
and plan of production. The National Medical Journal of India. (Under Publication).
24. Ritesh Singh, Keshab Mukhopadhyay.Survival analysis in clinical trials: Basics and
must know areas. Perspectives in Clinical Research 2011;2(4):145-8.
25. Ritesh Singh, Neeti Rustagi.Work stress in first trimester causes low birth weight baby.
Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2011;36(3):238-9.
26. Ritesh Singh. Retracted nipple: innovative solutions. Indian Paediatrics 2011;
27. Ritesh Singh, Neeti Rustagi. Mercury free health care organization: A must. Indian
Journal of Public Health 2011;55(1):52-3.
28. Suneela Garg, Ritesh Singh, Manoj Grover. Bachelor of Rural Health Care: Do we
need another cadre of health practitioners for rural areas? The National Medical Journal
29. Rustagi Neeti, Singh Ritesh. Exploring alternative health services for HIV screening of
high risk individuals. The National Medical Journal of India 2010; 23(5):290-1.
30. Rustagi Neeti, Singh Ritesh. Mercury and health care. Indian Journal of Occupational
and Environmental Medicine 2010; 14(2):43-6.
31. Nirmallya Manna, Gandhari Basu. Occupational deafness of workers in a heavy
engineering industry of West Bengal, India: an in depth cross sectional study. Sudanese
32. Dasgupta A, Butt A, Saha TK, Basu Gandhari, Chhattopadhya A, Mukherjee A.
Assessment of malnutrition among adolescents: can BMI be replaced by MUAC. IJCM
Dept of Medicine Dr. Sumit. S. Chatterjee Asst. Prof. Dept. of Medicine 1.THE NEW ZEALAND MEDICAL JOURNAL Journal of the New Zealand Medical Association A young male with gradual onset of bilateral calf swelling and generalised weakness Sumit Chatterjee, Susmita Chatterjee NZMJ 21 January 2011, Vol 124 No 1328; ISSN 1175 8716 2.THE NEW ZEALAND MEDICAL JOURNAL Journal of the New Zealand Medical Association NZMJ 15 April 2011, Vol 124 No 1332; ISSN 1175 8716 Page 1 of 4 URL: http://www.nzma.org.nz/journal/124-1332/4605/ NZMA A young male with sudden onset quadriparesis Sumit Chatterjee, Susmita Chatterjee, Partha Sarathi Karmakar 3.JAPI • August 2010 • VOL. 58 Subdural Hematoma Associated with Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura in Two Different Clinical Settings S Chatterjee*, PS Karmakar**, P Ghosh***, A Ghosh**** 4.JAPI • October 2011 • VOL. 59 Young Male with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Presenting with Sensorineural Deafness with Immune Suppression Induced Miliary Tuberculosis S Kundu*, R Mitra**, S Chatterjee***, A Ghosh**** Two case reports accepted in JAPI to be published shortly.
• Datta S, Ganguly S, Chatterjee R. Meningomyelocele with hydrocephalus and agenesis
of corpus callosum. J. Indian med association 2009;107:560-61
• Chatterjee S, Ravisankar K, Chatterjee R et al. Hepatitis B prevalence in pregnancy.
• Basu Manjari, Chakraborty Subrata. Hyper – intense thalamioc lesion in Magnetic
Resonance Imaging: two common causes; Srilanka Journal of Child Health, 2012; 41(2):100-101.
• Basu Manjari, Ray Swapan, Das Kuntal Kanti, Sahana Dinobondhu, Khemka Priti,
Bhattacharya sukanta. Erythema dyschromicum perstans. Srilanka Journal of Child Health, 2012; 41(3):143-144.
• Basu Manjari. Studyon the of children drawing development among hospitalized
children. Sri Lanka Journal of Child Health2013;42:
• Basu Manjari. Reversible splenial lesion syndrome. . Sri Lanka Journal of Child
• Basu Manjari, Atul Gupta. Otoacoustic emission in neonatal hearing assay. The child
Dr. Kaustav Chakraborty, Assistant Professor, Psychiatry 1) *Chakraborty K, Dan A. Paliperidone induced acute dystonia [Case Report]. German J Psychiatry 2011; 14:46-47 2) **Grover S, Mattoo SK, Chakraborty K, Trzepacz PT, Meagher DJ, Gupta N. Symptom Profile and Etiology of Delirium in a Referral Population in Northern India: Factor Analysis of the DRS-R98. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 2012; 24: 95-101 3) **Chakraborty K, Avasthi A, Kumar S, Grover S. Psychological and clinical correlates of functional somatic complaints in depression. Int J Soc Psychiatry 2012; 58:87-95 4) *Chakraborty K, Dan A. A case of Lithium toxicity due to concomitant thiazide diuretic and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug therapy. German J Psychiatry 2012; 15:66-68
5) **Chakraborty K, Grover S. Methylphenidate induced mania like symptoms: a case report. Indian J Pharmacol 2011; 43:80-81 6) **Ghosh A, Chakraborty K, Mattoo SK. Newer Molecules in the Treatment of Schizophrenia – a clinical update. Indian J Pharmacol 2011;43:105-112 7) Chakraborty K, Chatterjee M. Panic disorder: a diagnostic dilemma for the primary health care physicians. Your Health of the J Indian Med Assoc 2011;60 (2):8-10 8) **Chakraborty K, Neogi R, Basu D. Club drugs: review of the ‘rave’ with a note of concern for the Indian scenario. Indian J Med Res 2011;133: 594-604 9) **Mattoo SK, Chakraborty K, Basu D, Ghosh A, Vijaya Kumar KG, Kulhara P. Prevalence & correlates of metabolic syndrome in alcohol & opioid dependent inpatients. Indian J Med Res 2011; 134: 341-348 10) Chakraborty K. Acute dystonia with paroxetine – case presentation, possible mechanism and clinical implications. Eastern J Psychiatry 2011, 14: 48-49 11) **Dutta A, Barua S, Dan A, Chakraborty K, Mandal M. Iloperidone induced galactorrhoea in a middle aged female: A case report. Indian J Psychol Med (Accepted, in press) 12) **Sarkar P, Chakraborty K, Mishra A, Shukla RK, Swain SP. Pattern of psychotropic prescription in a tertiary care center and the issue of polypharmacy: a critical analysis. Indian J Pharmacol (Accepted, in press) 13) Chakraborty K. Relevance of Social Psychiatry in India – current status. Indian Journal of Social Psychiatry (Accepted, in press) PUBLICATIONS OF DERMATOLOGY:
1. Kumar Piyush, MondalAvijit, SarkarTanusree. Cutaneous metastasis as presenting
features of internal malignancy- report of two cases, Journal of Pakistan association of Dermatology,2010;20:232-237
2. Kumar Piyush, Gharami R C, MondalAvijit .Sudden appearance of erythematous
papules and vesicles, Journal of Pakistan association of Dermatology,2010;20:57-59
3. Kumar Piyush, MondalAvijit. LymphangiomaCircumscriptum, Journal of Indian
4. Kumar Piyush, MondalAshim, MondalAvijit. Short communication
pseudoepitheliomatousmicaceous and keratoticbalanitis- a rare case, Journal of Pakistan association of Dermatology,2011;20:74-76
5. Kumar Piyush, MondalAvijit. Progressive symmetric erythrokeratodermia, Journal of
6. MondalAvijit, Kumar Piyush, Ghosh Kanyan. Hand-Foot and Mouth disease: A report
of an outbreak in Kolkata, J.TurkAcadDermatol 2010;4(2):04203C
7. Kumar Piyush,MondalAvijit, Gharami. Keratotic papules over chest and back, Journal
of Pakistan association of Dermatology,2010;20:251-253
8. Kumar Piyush, Gharami R C, MondalAvijit. Icthyosislineariscircumflexa, Journal of
Indian Pediatrics,vol 47-December 17,2010
9. Piyush Kumar, Gharami Avijit, Chowdhury S N, MondalAvijit. Multiple plaques, cysts
and sinuses in linear distribution, Journal of Pakistan association of Dermatology,2011;21:132-136
10. Kumar Piyush, MondalAvijit. Yellowish papules over neck and upper chest, Journal of
Pakistan association of Dermatology,2011;21:71-73
11. Kumar Piyush,MondalAshim, MondalAvijit. Erythematous plaque over face, Journal
of Pakistan association of Dermatology,2011;21(3):223-225
12. Kumar Piyush, MondalAvijit. Pachyonychia congenital affecting nails, Journal of
13. Gharami R C, Kumar Piyush, MondalAvijit. Dyshidrosiform pemphigus vulgaris:
report of an unusual case, Dermatology online Journal 16(7):10
14. Kumar Piyush, MondalAvijit. Eruptive lingual papillitis, J. Turk AcadDermatol
15. Piyush Kumar, Gharami, MondalAvijit. Acralfibrokeratoma- A report of two cases, J.
Dr Manidip Pal, Associate Professor Journal –
1. Pal Bandyopadhyay S, Pal M. Genital prolapse with carcinoma. The Antiseptic
2. Pal, M., Chatterjee, D.J., & Chakraborty, B. (2012). Prevalence of HIV infection
among pregnant mothers. Ind J Maternal Child Health, 14(2),
3. Dutta, D.K., Dutta, I., Dutta, B., & Pal, M. (2012). Strategies to reduce maternal
mortality and morbidities in rural India. Ind J Perinatology Reprod Bio, 2(2),
4. Pal, M., & Deb, T. (2012) Vaginal estrogen therapy for postmenopausal overactive
bladder. Int J Med Pharmaceutical Sc, 2(3)
1. Pal M, Bandyopadhyay S. Cancer of vulva. In: Dutta DK (ed.) Recent advances in gyne
1st edn New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2011, 1-13.
2. Pal M, Bandyopadhyay S. & Dutta, D.K. (2012). Management of threatened
miscarriage. In D.K.Dutta (Ed.), Recent advances in Obstetrics & Gynecology Threatened miscarriage, (pp 23-41), New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
Dr Murari Mohan Koley, Associate Professor
1. Koley M M, Roy K, Mandal A (2011). Triplet pregnancy with partial hydatiform mole.
2. Koley M M (2011), Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Sri Lanka Journal of Obstetrics &
3. Koley M M (2013) Report on two pedicle abdominal hysterectomy (in press)
Dr SOUGATA KUMAR BURMAN ---Clinical tutor 1.Ganguly R P,Mukhopadhyay S,Burman S K.A Randomized trial of Misoprostol compared with Manual Vacuum Aspiration for Early Pregnancy failure.Nepal Journal of Obs & Gynae 2010 Nov-Dec;5(2):8-13 2. Biswas S, Akhtar-Uz-Zaman, Bhakta A, Adhikari A, Bandyopadhyay M, Burmn SK. (2012)A rare cogenital anomaly of hand. (in press) DR BANASREE BHADRA, Assistant Professor Journals- 1.Paul Choudhury A, Bhadra B, Roy A; Practical Symphysiotomy: An Overveiw,J Indian Med Assoc 2010;108: 498-504. 2. Bhadra B, Paul Choudhury A, Tolasaria A, Nandi N; NDVH: Personal Experience in 158 cases: Al Ameen Journal of Medical Sciences 2011 VOl. 04, No.01. 3. Nandi N, Bhattacharje M, Tolasaria A, Bhadra B; Experience of using Letrozole as first line ovulation induction agent in Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), Al Ameen Journal of Medical Sciences 2011 VOl. 04, No.01. Books – Chapter contributed 1.Bhadra B;Inherited Thrombophilias in pregnancy in Dutta DK (ed.) Recent advances in high risk pregnancy,
1st edn New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2010. 2. Paul Choudhury A, Bhadra B; Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) in Dutta DK (ed.) Recent advances in high risk pregnancy,
1st edn New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2010. 3. Bhadra B; Anatomy and physiology of bones in Dutta DK (ed.) Osteoporosis: How can we overcome? FOGSI publication 2011, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. 4. Bhadra B; Pathogenesis and causative factors of osteoporosis in Dutta DK (ed.) Osteoporosis: How can we overcome? FOGSI publication 2011, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. 5. Bhadra B. Vaginal carcinoma. In: Dutta DK (ed.) Recent advances in gyne oncology,
1st edn New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd 2011
DR MALABIKA MISRA, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR JOURNAL OF CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS AND RESEARCH TITLE -Prelabor spontaneous rupure of unscarred uterus carrying 34 weeks of pregnancy. (in press ) Dr. Chaitali Sarkar, Clinical Tutor
1. Seth.S, Bhattacharya D, Patra K.K., Mukherjee.S, & Sarkar.C (2011)
Determinants of the outcome of the second twin. Ind J Perinatology & Repro. Biol., 1:29-31
3. Mukherjee, S, Mallik, C, BhanjaChowdhury, K, Seth.S, BhanjaChowdhury D, &
Sarkar.C (2011) Gemcitabine an alternative or additive to cisplatin for chemoradiation in treatment of cervical cancer, Ind J Perinatology & Repro. Biol.,(in press)
1. Biswas.J., Mukherjee. J., Bandyoapadhayay. S.N., Ghosh. B, Dutta. S, Pore. S.K.
An unusual case of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage during pregnancy, Ind. J. Maternal & Child Health, 14(2):1-5
1. Rahul Magazine, Mahuya Pal, Bharti Chogtu, Veena Nayak. Capreomycin induced
optic neuritis in a case of multidrug resistant pulmonary tuberculosis. Indian Journal of Pharmacology 2010;42(4):247-8.
2. Aditi Sen, Suman Kalyan Paine, Imran Hussain Chowdhury, Lakshmi Kanta Mondal,
Amrita Mukherjee, Atanu Biswas, Subhankar Chowdhury, Sujata Bhattacharya, Basudev Bhattacharya. Association of Interferon gamma , Interleukin-10, and Tumor Necrosis Factor-Gene Polymorphisms with Occurrence and Severity of Eales’ Disease. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, January 2011, Vol. 52, No. 1:171-8
DEPARTMENT OF ENT 2009-2011 Dr.Indranil Pal, Associate Professor
1) Mondal PK, Pal I, Misra S, Biswas S, Bera SP. Rhabdomyosarcoma of nose
,nasopharynx and paranasal sinuses. Indian J of Otolaryngol. 2009; 61( 4): 317-19
2) Pal I, Sengupta S, Balakrishnan R, Gupta A. Fourth Branchial pouch sinus- an
unusually late initial presentation. Indian J of Otolaryngol. 2009; 61(1): 72-75
3) Pal I, Gupta A, Sengupta S. An attempt to define the type of biopsy in a sinonasal
lesion showing bony erosion. Indian J of Otolaryngol. 2010; 62(1): 92-5
4) Tuli IP, Pal I, Chakraborty S, Sengupta S. Persistent Deciduous molar as an etiology for
a maxillary sinus mucocele. Indian J of Otolaryngol. 2011; 63(1) suppl: 6-8
5) Pal I, Sengupta S, Ramaswamy B, Saha S. Benign Calcified thyroid cyst with skin
1) Mukherjee A, Haldar H, Dutta S, Dutta M, Saha J, Sinha R. Ear , nose and throat
foreign bodies in children: A search for socio-demographic correlates. Int J of Ped Otolaryngology 2011; 75(1): 510-12
2) Sen I, Mukherjee A, Saha J, Mandal S, Sinha R. Bilateral Antrochoanal Polyps in an
Elderly Female. Phillipine J of Otolaryngol. 2011; 26(2): 28-9
3) Biswas G, Das A, Haldar D, Mukherjee A, Dutta S, Sinha R. Clinico-pathological
correlates of Cervical Lymphadenopathy: A Hospital Based Study. Indian J of otolaryngol& HNS. 2011. DOI 10.1007/s12070-011-0443-z (online first)
4) Mandal S, Barman D, Mukherjee A, Mukherjee D, Saha J, Sinha R. Fine Needle
Aspiration Cytology of Thyroid Nodules – Evaluation of its role in diagnosis and management. JIMA, 2011. 109(4): 258-61
5) Mukherjee A, Dutta S, Dutta M, Saha J, Sen I, Sinha R. Unusual Presentation of an
aural foreign body in an adult.Int J of Otolaryngol. 2010. 12(1) : 1-2
6) Dutta S, Das Biswas K, Mukherjee A, Basu AJ, Das S, Sen I, Sinha R. Dysphagia due
to Forestiers Disease – three cases and Systemic literature review. Indian J of Otolaryngol. 2011. DOI 10.1007/s12070-011-0334-3 (online first)
7) Mukherjee A, Rashid Md A, Dutta S, Dutta M, Saha J, Sen I, Sinha R. Mucosal
Malignant Melanoma of nasal cavity presenting in a young male. Bangladesh J of otolaryngol. 2011; 17(1): 68-71
8) Dutta S, Mukherjee A, Saha J, Biswas G, Halder D, Sen I, Sinha R. Modified
Technique of Anterior Nasall Packing- A comparative study report. Indian J of Otolaryngol. 2011. DOI 10.1007/s12070-011-0343-2 (online first)
Dr Dhrubajyoti Sarkar, Assistant Professor of Anaesthesiology
Sarkar D, Khurana G, Chaudhary A, Sharma JP. A Comparative study on effects of adding fentanyl and buprenorphine to local anaesthetics in brachial plexus block. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research [Serial online] 2010 December, 4: 3337-3343.
1.Dr. Daliya Kole- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR PRESERVATION BY MEANS OF EXTRACTION: FROM A PEDODONTIC POINT OF VIEW THE JOURNAL OF INDIAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION-WEST BENGAL STATE BRANCH----IN PRESS 2. Dr. Ananya Biswas- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR HEREDITARY TRANSMISSION OF PARTIAL ANODONTIA- A CASE REPORT THE JOURNAL OF INDIAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION-WEST BENGAL STATE BRANCH VOL- 26, NOVEMBER 2010, NO. 3 3. Published Journals of Dr. Kushal Chatterjee
1. BHOWMICK D, NAYEK M, KUNDU D, ADHIKARI H.D., CHATTERJEE K. Role
of Er.Cr.YSGG Laser on intraoral soft – Tissue. Clinical Dentistry : 2011:Vol 5:11:24 – 29.
2. BHOWMICK D, NAYEK M, CHATTERJEE K. Platelet rich plasma with
Hydroxyapetite in infrabony periodontal defect journal of the Indian Dental Association, (in press)
P h a s e I T r i a l o f I n t r a p e r i t o n e a l I n j e c t i o n o f t h e E 1 B - 5 5 - k d - G e n e – D e l e t e d A d e n o v i r u s O N Y X - 0 1 5 ( d l 1 5 2 0 ) G i v e n o n D a y s 1 T h r o u g h 5 E v e r y 3 W e e k s i n P a t i e n t s W i t h R e c u r r e n t / R e f r a c t o r y E p i t h e l i a l O v a r i a n C a n c e r By P.A. Vasey, L.N. Shulman, S
Entrevista a Saskia Sassen: “Los Estados no pueden escapar de sus propios transnacionalismos” La actual etapa de la globalización económica tiene unas consecuencias enlos Estados sobre las que no siempre existe acuerdo. En su último libro, Territory, authority, rights: From Medieval to Global Assemblages (Princeton,2006, próxima publicación en español por Katz Editores), Saskia Sass